- This event has passed.
Presented by: CWEA
Collection System Specialty Workshop 2017 – Coachella
Less Risk, More Rewards When Managing California’s Sewer Systems
Today, sewer professionals are under extreme pressure from all
angles; new regulations, delayed maintenance, impacts from the
record drought and now sudden storms. CWEA along with the State
Water Board present four regional workshops to bring together
California’s professionals to discuss what everyone is facing and talk
about what has been working.
Join your fellow sewer professionals and State Regulators for
an in-depth discussion of Sewer Management Plans, as well as
enforcement actions and ideas for new approaches to managing risks.
Workshops are an amazing chance to learn, network and ask
questions to get ahead of all of the looming challenges the industry
is facing. These sessions are a great opportunity for your facility’s
up-and-coming team members to prepare them to start thinking as
leaders of the future.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Describe trends and findings from recent SSMP enforcement case
• Utilize specific strategies for handling an enforcement inspection
• Identify how to handle NGO lawsuits
• Apply the latest best practices for SSMP refinement and updates
Who should attend:
• Agency leaders
• Collection system leaders
• Sewer workers interested in advancing to supervisor/management
• Engineers and support staff
• Regulatory affairs staff
• Local regulators