Presented by: CWEA
Collection Systems Committee Mid-Year Meeting
CWEA State Collection Systems Committee
The 2019 Summer Meeting
July 26 & 27, 2019
The Collection System Committee (CSC) wants you to know that there is still time to register for the CSC’s Summer Meeting in Morro Bay. Join us on the evening of Friday, July 26, for an ice-breaker reception at Tognazzini’s Dockside Too Restaurant.
On Saturday, July 27, water leaders from across California gather for the CSC Seminar and Business meeting. It is a great opportunity to discuss hot topics in the industry today, and to learn about new ones on the horizon.
Seminar presentations will include:
- On Boarding New Staff with Today’s High Turn Over – Sergio Ramirez, Operations Superintendent, West Bay Sanitary District
- Proposed Reissue of the Sanitary Sewer System General Order – Diana Messina, P.E., BCEE, Regulatory Manager of the State Water Board
- The Future of Collection System Education – Rich Cunningham, Public Works Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission & Albany (Retired)
- Topics up for discussion at the afternoon business meeting include:
- Certification Requirement for collection systems
- Improving Certification Training
- CWEA Awards Program
- Nominations for incoming Secretary from the North
- …and More!
Register on-line or to pay by check contact Jennifer to register:
Cost to Attend: $60 for members
Make checks payable to CWEA
(Includes registration, coffee and pastries, lunch and afternoon snacks)
Saturday July 27
Veteran’s Memorial Building
209 Surf Street, Morro Bay 93442
851 Market Avenue
Morro Bay, CA 93442
(805) 772-2766 Fax (805) 772-8406
Friday, July 26, 5pm to 7pm
Dockside-too restaurant: After getting settled at the Inn, you’ll have an opportunity to meet other industry leaders for some networking while enjoying refreshments. It’s a great way to exchange ideas and discuss local Collection System activities. On both Friday and Saturday evening, you’ll be on your own for dinner – but what a wealth of choices you’ll have around the wonderful Morro Bay area!