- This event has passed.
Presented by: CWEA-Northern San Joaquin
Ask the Experts: State Water Board on Sewer Consolidations and Funding
- Member price: Free
- Non-member price: Free
Senate Bill (SB) 1215 was signed by Governor Brown in 2018 and requires the State Water Board to develop a program to assist disadvantaged communities with access to sewer service. The legislation authorizes them to also provide funding for eligible projects.
In this relaxed and informative Northern San Joaquin Valley Section (NSJS) webinar you can hear from Dania Jimmerson and James Garcia from the State Water Board.
Dania is the Program Specialist for the newly created Wastewater Consolidation Program. James is Senior Water Resource Control Engineer in the Division of Financial Assistance – Small Community Wastewater Unit.
Learn from the experts about disadvantaged community sewer consolidation projects. Bring your questions and hear what the experts have to say.
- Download the SWRCB Fact sheet on the Wastewater Consolidation Program
- Read the interview with Dania on the CWEA E-Bulletin.
The webinar is organized and hosted by the Northern San Joaquin Section of CWEA in partnership with the State Water Board.
- Brief overview of the Wastewater Consolidation Program (SB 1215)
- Existing resources to implement the program
- Who is eligible for funding?
- Sources for disadvantaged communities (DAC) and staff implementation of the program
- What is covered by the available funding? And how much funding could potentially be allocated to any given project?
- Application process for obtaining funding
- Summary of the number of case studies and current challenges that we have encountered as well as foreseen challenges
- Proposed Program Handbook
- Pending Activities
Ryan Sellman, P.E., Past President, NSJS, Carollo Engineers
Dania Jimmerson, P.E.
- Wastewater Consolidation Program Coordinator and Project Lead for the development of the Statewide Program Handbook. Currently, Water Resources Control Engineer, Wastewater Consolidation Program in the Central Valley Regional Water Resources Quality Control Board, Sacramento, CA
- Graduated from University of California Davis with a Master’s Degree in Biological Systems Engineering
- 15 years of experience with the Regional Board (7 years with the ILRP and 8 years in Surface Water Permitting). Plus, an additional 5 years of experience as an aquaculture engineering consultant.
James Garcia, P.E.
- Senior Water Resource Control Engineer for the State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Financial Assistance – Small Community Wastewater Unit.
- Graduated from California State University Sacramento with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 13 years of experience with the State Water Board (12 years with the Water Recycling Funding Program and 1 year in Small Community Wastewater).
- Community Development Specialist II with Self-Help Enterprise
- Graduated from California State University Dominguez Hill with a Master’s Degree in Humanities
- 10+ years of working in lower income communities (7 years in education, 2 years with undocumented immigrants, and 4 years of work in drinking water and clean water projects.