Presented by: CWEA-San Francisco Bay
Union Sanitary District Treatment Plant Tour
- Member price: $30
- Non-member price: $35 (Students $10)
- Conventional waste water treatment plant with an average dry weather flow of 22.92 MGD
- Grit is separated after the Primary Clarifier by a system called “Teacup Degritters”
- Neuros Highspeed Blower, added in 2016, provides air to its covered aeration basins
- Cogeneration facility uses its own natural gas to power two Jenbacher 850 KW generators that provides roughly 75% of the plant’s power. Put into service in 2014.
Attendance is limited to 50, reserve your spot soon!
Pay at the door.