- This event has passed.
Presented by: DKF Solutions Group
Supervisor 101 Training
- Member price: $225
- Non-member price: $225
You’re good at what you do. That’s one of the reasons you were promoted to a management position. But what if what you do has never included managing people before? How are you going to make the transition from coworker to manager?
You’re going to need some tools. You know you need to establish authority in your new position, but to be a truly effective manager you need to be able to motivate people, not just enforce the rules. You want to be the type of manager you wish you had, but where do you start?
That’s where Supervisor 101 comes in. This six-hour seminar will prepare you for your new role with strategies and techniques you can use to:
- Confidently address personnel issues like performance evaluations, hiring and firing, while also building a high-performing team;
- Motivate and train employees to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively;
- Navigate contracts, Memorandums of Understanding, union relations, and the legal issues around human resources activities; and
- Systematically address documentation, meetings, and other day-to-day activities.
Supervisor 101 will help you avoid common pitfalls of new managers and develop your own unique and effective management style. This is just the beginning of your career in management. Let us help set you up for success.
The seminar includes topics such as:
- The transition from coworker/friend to boss
- The difference between a boss and a leade
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Situational management: be the leader your employees need
- Employee Development
- Setting your employees up for success
- Training and assessing knowledge, skills and abilities
- Effectively communicating expectations and feedback
- Performance reviews
- Managing up, down and sideways
- Working with your manager, human resources, and shop stewards
- The art of delegation
- Meeting management
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Celebrating successes
- Nuts and Bolts
- Policies and procedures
- Memorandums of Understanding
- Human resources laws and best practice
- Regulations (including CalOSHA)
For additional information, please email Zoeanne Tafolla at email@example.com
Click here to see the full schedule of DKF Solutions Group training classes.