- This event has passed.
Presented by: State Water Board
CANCELLED Stakeholder Workshop – Proposed Revisions to the Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements for Sanitary Sewer Systems
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER TIME
State Water Resources Control Board staff are conducting initial outreach workshops to discuss proposed revisions to the Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements for Sanitary Sewer Systems Order (Order). The goal of these outreach efforts is to obtain your input during development of an updated, improved statewide Order addressing today’s sanitary sewer overflow issues. Below are proposed topics to discuss during these workshops:
- Regulation of larger private collection systems under this Order.
- Adding system-specific requirements in the Sanitary Sewer Management Plan to address climate change.
- Offering regulatory incentives for collection systems with good compliance record.
- Streamlining the spill notification process.
- Clarifying change log requirements.
To receive up-to-date information regarding these outreach sessions, including webinar options, please sign up on the email list service on at: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/resources/email_subscriptions/swrcb_subscribe.html. Enter your information and select under the Water Quality header “Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) Reduction Program Order Review.”